Metro- A teenage girl has died after getting electrocuted while charging her mobile phone in the bath.The alarm was raised by her mother after she noticed her 14-year-old had spent a long time in the bathroom.
She called for her to come out but got no response.
She forced her way inside and discovered her daughter’s lifeless body.
According to local media in Moscow, Russia, the teenager had the charger in her hands and the mobile phone was on the floor.
It is believed she had used an extension lead because there were no plugs in the bathroom.
Prosecutor Yulia Ivanova told local media: ‘Currently we are still investigating and will make a decision on what action to take, if any, once the investigation is completed.’
Not to get to grim here, but I can almost see this girl's face as her cell phone was falling out of her hand and into a body of water she was laying in. I imagine it to look much like my face the time I got out of my car without realizing my iPhone was on my lap and I watched it fall into a two inch puddle curbside. Basically what I am trying to say -with all intended respect to this girl's life- is that a split second before it was taken she was probably more concerned about the safety of her phone than the safety of herself. I bet if she had acted swiftly she could have thrown herself out of tub before she became a corpse, but instead she was probably further embedding herself in the water in hopes of saving her smart phone from an untimely demise. I wouldn't even be surprised if a 14 year old girl -that can't stay disconnected long enough to clean herself- didn't even realize that electrocution was a thing that exists. The only reason she was a bath person instead of shower person was because you can't shower with your phone without ruining it. The concept of shocking herself to death probably never even crossed her mind. I think the only way to properly honor this girl's life is to bury her -cell phone in hand- in a casket of uncooked rice. Inseparable in life, inseparable for eternity.
P.S. I am impressed by her perseverance. Could have gave up when there was no outlet nearby, but instead rummaged through the house to find an extension cord. This girl was a lot of things, but she wasn't a quitter. They should put that on the tombstone.