Yahoo- A Nebraska man believes he and his 2-year-old son were poisoned by a methamphetamine-tainted coffee maker at an Omaha hotel.
Travis and Amber Richard and their children spent Labor Day weekend in Omaha.
He says he used the coffee maker and coffee package in their room on Sept. 6 and began to feel weird within 20 minutes of drinking the coffee.
He says his son also took a sip and got sick on the drive back home to Pleasanton. Both sought medical treatment and are awaiting confirmation from tests.
Omaha police are investigating the incident, but say theyt doubt the coffee maker was used to make meth. It's unclear whether a trace of the drug was left by someone using the coffee maker to hide meth.
Listen Travis, I don't want to put a dent in your binge watching or anything, but it might be time to take a night off from 'Breaking Bad'. What's even going on in the world anymore? First, this guy thinks that In-N-Out sold him some meth tainted soda, and now we are just to assume that hotels in Nebraska have traces of hallucinogenics in their Keurigs? Whatever happened to feeling queasy and just assuming that the last meal that you had was poorly cooked. Hell, what happened to just feeling like shit period. Can't we just feel like shit anymore without being drugged? This guy sounds like every 21 year old girl that has ever had one too many drinks and claimed they were roofied. Just because you don't take care of yourself Travis doesn't mean that someone put something in your drink every time you are feeling less than stellar.You know what this guy probably felt minutes after drinking some mediocre quality coffee? The bubble guts. Do me a favor, and hit the shitter real quick before we go dropping allegations of foul play. Don't feed me this line that your kid got sick either. You know why your poor child got sick? I'm not an expert on this or anything, but I think it's probably because YOU GAVE A FUCKING 2 YEAR OLD A SIP OF COFFEE. Jesus, that poor guy's little heart was probably about to beat clean out of his chest and take off down the Lincoln Highway. How about you stop worrying about the hotel upholding their responsibility to the customer and focus on your responsibility to your child. You know, like not sending him into a cardiac arrest no more than 800 days into his life.
Is misplacing meth a thing that happens a lot in Middle America? I have never met one so I don't know if meth users, in particular, are careless with their drugs. I would think that would be the exact opposite of the case. The way I have always viewed meth heads is that they were irresponsible when it came to literally everything else in life accept meth. When drugs mean that much to you then you don't accidentally leave them in a coffee machine in some podunk hotel. I bet 95% of users of methamphetamine are more likely to lose the teeth out their mouth, the drawers off their ass, and the shoes off their feet before they lose whatever drug paraphenalia they use to get high. Again, I could be totally off base here, but I like the chances of my theory being correct more than the chances of some average family in Nebraska accidentally ingesting meth from a coffee machine.