An 11 Year Old Kid Accidentally Choked Himself To Death While Doing An Online Challenge Called 'Hangman'
DailyMail- An 11-year-old boy from South Carolina died after playing a pass-out challenge game online.
Da'Vorius Gray was found dead in his home last week.
His mother, Latrice Hurst, said her son was playing games called hangman and pass-out challenge where kids choke themselves to the point of passing out, according to WYFF 4.
Hurst is now encouraging other parents to monitor their children's social media.
In a statement released through her pastor, Hurst said children should use social media 'with extreme adult supervision'.
'If I could rewind time I would go back and monitor heavily his use of social media, YouTube and the Internet.
'He was on a sight called 'kick' and had been playing games called 'hangman' and pass-out challenge where kids choke themselves to the point of passing out and it is apparently a widely popular game.'
Well if this isn't a sign of the times I don't know what the hell is. This story isn't funny for a myriad of reasons. The first one being that this kid was only 11 years and likely had no idea what the fuck he was doing, but he was going to do it anyway because he thought "everyone" (AKA the ten people that probably didn't do it, but lied and said they did to sound cool to people they have never interacted with in person) else was. The other reason this story isn't funny is because it shows just how dumb we have gotten as a society. I know it's just a saying but I'll be damned if the phrase "too stupid to live" isn't starting to accurately describe the youth of America. Now, I am not questioning this kid's intelligence. I think the main contributing factor to his death was a sense of curiosity and vulnerability that almost all 11 year olds possess. I am questioning the intelligence of whatever 16-18 year old asshole created an online challenge called 'Hangman' where you literally reenact a common suicide technique because someone dared you to do it on the internet. I don't know much about 11 year olds, but I know they generally don't conjure up games that revolve around self harm. Stupid fucking teenagers that are too dumb to breathe air so they willingly constrict it from their lungs so they can pass out and tell their friends about it do.
The real shame in this story - other than a young child needlessly passing away - is that the person that met an early demise wasn't the shithead that thought up the hashtag and turned it into an actual thing. If there is someone that deserved to die it was him (don't mean to be sexist ladies, but this was definitely a guy's idea), because nothing puts an end to a bafflingly dangerous viral phenomenon quite like it's originator accidentally strangling himself to death before he even gets it off the ground.
P.S. This might come across as racist and insensitive, but the fact that he's a young black kid taking a baseball picture makes me think of G-Baby, and somehow the death of a fictional kid in a movie where Keanu Reeves is mentoring children (God help us) actually makes this even sadder to me.