Spanish Man Dies After He's Served Dishwasher Detergent Instead of Wine, And Drinks It Like A Rookie
Sky105- A 50-year-old man has died after he was served dishwater detergent instead of white wine, suffering horrific burns to his windpipe, throat and stomach.
Andres Lorente,a 50 year old man visited a café in Spain on Sunday afternoon.
He ordered a glass of white wine but was killed by what was served to him instead.
It appears that he was served, by the waiter, an industrial cleaner instead of white wine that he had ordered. This mistake occurred because the dishwasher detergent was poured in an empty wine bottle and was put inside the fridge.
The detergent was colorless and odorless so neither the waiter nor Andres Lorente realized that it wasn’t wine in the bottle.
I'm not saying we should start going around expecting there to be something wrong with wine that gets served to us in public places. However, if you are going to be a wine drinker at least be a real wine drinker. This guy may not be totally at fault, however he is definitely to blame for drinking his wine like a 19 year old college kid who just slapped the bejesus out of a Franzia bag. The fact that there was enough wine in his glass to kill him after the first pour is an indictment of his social skills to begin with. Get a sample sip for me one time dude. Can't just go around trusting the opinion of some Spanish waiter. Can't just get served a colorless, odorless wine and not be a little bit skeptical. Jesus man, give it a whiff. Maybe swirl around in your mouth a bit. Do I know what to look for when analyzing a nice glass of white? Hell no, but when drinking wine do like the wine drinkers do. At the very least it would have saved you a burnt esophagus, along with, oh I don't know, your life!? A man had to die to teach us a very valuable lesson. If you don't want to dedicate the time necessary to picking a nice pinot gris then maybe it's best to stick to beer.
I need to know which guy poured dishwater detergent in an empty wine bottle and put it in the fridge. That man needs a hug. He needs to know there is someone out there that understand his pain. Who hasn't put their keys down somewhere and been like "that's a great new spot to put my keys"? You know, until a few hours later when you have completely outsmarted yourself and the keys are no where to be found. Now, that doesn't usually end in death, though a little part of you dies every time you are frantically looking around your apartment, but it's the same concept. This guy probably thought the refrigerator was a perfectly reasonable place to put a wine bottle of soap. Not entirely sure why you wouldn't pour it down the drain and throw out the bottle, but I have never worked at a Spanish cafe and I don't know their policies. This guy probably thought he reinvented the wheel. Classic case of overthinking combined with a customer's reckless consumption of vino at a classy restaurant and there you have it; the perfect storm.
11/8/2016 06:27:53 pm
Good reading post. Thank for share it here
10/16/2017 02:56:57 am
This is really a very sad and tragic incident that happened with this fifty years old man. It is always advised to the people to use the original bottles and jars for the stuff like acids, detergents and the related materials so that such mistakes cannot be made.
Leave a Reply.